Thursday 20 October 2011

Love your hair and it loves you back


I love my hair. Truly, deeply, madly.
That’s why I follow a hair regime that’s simple and full of common sense.

The one simple truth about lovely hair is that you must not experiment with too many brands or types. Keep it basic –
  • Use oil overnight or if not at least for 1-2 hours, preferably plain coconut oil.
  • Use a nice shampoo that suits you hair to wash off the oil. Wash twice to keep it cleaner.

I can vouch that you will have the softest, smoothest hair that you would want to kiss again and again :)

One other amazing benefit of this practice is that it also helps in repairing split hair. It works for me and I have recommended to my friends. It has worked for them and they absolutely love their hair now.

My practice of keeping hair beautiful is sans too many fancy hair products. My mother and my lovely granny follow the same regimes. My granny who is past 80, still has ravishing dark hair!

So my mantra is to keep it simple, use oil and shampoo as it suits you. Keep your hair absolutely clean. That’s all it needs to grow and glow.

 (For The Dove Blogger Contest)

8 comments:

  1. Short and to-the-point! Well put Ajanta. Tell me one thing if you use oil overnight and then shampoo the next morning, how does your hair stay in shape? Mines' would go dry and fly in all directions. I just have to use something after shampooing to settle them. If you know something, then do let me know. Thanks!

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arif. Hair will 'dry and fly' only when it has lost its natural nutrients, probably due to pollution, diet or any other health issues. Oil will help you restore that. What oil does is it makes a fresh new boost for your hair, which is why when you massage your scalp with oil, the old and weak hair strands start to fall off. But don't worry- if you do this at least 1-2 times a week, you will have silky hair that will set as you want it. Also Arif, I suggest you use shampoo to clean your hair because shampoos are detergent based and cleaning is what they do best.Even if you use a conditioner, make sure its herbal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one simple ,to the point daring post. cheers and thumbs up. points very well stated. too much worry causes extra worries in return. I think "keep it simple silly," the main mantra by you.
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. A well written post -enjoyed it immensely- keep up the good work going and good wishes

    i Guesss u would like this..if u like plz promote it..

    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=88938

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post! oiling is definitely necessary n i too use overnight oiling

    check my post at http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=88311

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everybody :) Glad that you all liked my post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice and simple post! Promoted :)
    Hope you will like mine too at www.crispingcanary.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete